Are you witnessing QuickBooks error 12057 in your system? If yes, then you don’t need to worry as this blog contains every detail about this error. QuickBooks error 12057 is the payroll update error which will not let you update the payroll software. This error can be resolved easily by you by following the steps that are mentioned here. However, you should reach out to QuickBooks customer service number to communicate with the technical experts who guide in fixing the error.
Why QuickBooks Error 12057 Occurs?
- When the server of Intuit Payroll doesn’t respond to the request of QuickBooks Payroll
- When your QuickBooks fails to communicate with the Intuit Servers.
- If the internet connection has timed-out
- When the internet packet failed to reach its destination across the network
- When the response of the server takes longer than usual to a request
- When the firewall and the Security Software is blocking your path
- When the settings of Network SSL configuration is incorrect
Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12057?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to rectify the error code 12057 in your QuickBooks accounting software.
Rectify your System Date and time
- Close your QuickBooks software.
- Adjust the date and time of your computer from the Control Panel or the system Tray.
- After that open your QuickBooks and try to update your Payroll again.
Configure Internet Settings of your Computer
- Go to the homepage of your Internet Service Providers Home Page for verifying that you have optimum speed.
- Then you need to open QuickBooks Help Menu > Internet Connection Setup.
- Now, you have to select the option that reads “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish the connection when QuickBooks accesses the Internet.”
- Then click Next and after that select Advanced Connection Settings > Advanced Tab > Restore Advanced Settings
- You need to click Apply and then the OK button
Verify Firewall and Internet Security Settings
- You need to add QuickBooks Ports and Application in your system Firewall and Internet Security.
- It’s compulsory to enable Port 80 and 443.
Install QuickBooks Manual Updates on Your computer
This QuickBooks Error 12057 can arise if you have multiple versions of the QuickBooks installed on your computer. In tricky situations like this, you need to install QuickBooks Manual Updates for all the QuickBooks Versions installed on your system.
Configure the Internet Security Protocols
- Close all open Programs of your system along with QuickBooks software.
- Press Windows Key + R together to open the run window.
- Now enter CPL in the Run box and click OK.
- In the next window visible on your screen, you have to open the Advanced Tab> Security group.
- Put a Checkmark on SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and then you have to click OK.
- At last, open your QuickBooks Desktop and try updating Payroll again.
If you still witness the error code 12057 even after diagnostic and troubleshooting steps, you need to call QuickBooks Helpline Number available 24*7. The experts will help you in resolving the error in a way that it doesn’t appear again.
Read More: How to Resolve QuickBooks Banking Error 185