QuickBooks is a nationwide software used as accounting software. It mainly focuses on small and medium-sized businesses. It plays an essential role in maintaining the accounts, keeps track of financial health, and manages to send invoices and payrolls. It is an extensively used software, yet it creates problems while open. This blog will give details about the root of the error and its effect with quick troubleshooting steps. You have landed on the best blog that offers a handy solution to the "QuickBooks not responding when opening a company file" problem.
The significant effect of this error is encountered by the user is when the display screen stops responding. It gets frozen and stops responding to the commands.
Origin of error in which QuickBooks stops responding
- Lengthy company name
- Damaged, missing, or corrupted QBWUSER.ini.file
- Damaged hard disk
- Injured program file
- The outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Defeatured Window OS
- Defacement of some program
- QuickBooks Desktop Installation Error
- Disrupted program
Indication by the computer that QuickBooks stop working
- Automatic shut down of the computer
- The computer might stop working
- The system might get freeze out and stop responding to the commands
- QuickBooks Desktop stop opening.
Quick Tweak to cope up with QuickBooks stop working error
- It is general advice to always use the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Always keep the updated setting of QuickBooks Desktop
- For Windows, Set the locale setting for the US region
- One Must always set the settings according to the region
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop not responding error
Some initial steps are listed below, which are necessary to execute before fixing the error.
- The foremost step is to restart the computer
- The next step is to open the Quickbooks Software
- Following the previous step, select the "Start "option
- Then choose the "All Program "option
- Hit the right click on the "QuickBooks "option
- Now press the "ctrl" key and then open QuickBooks
Key 1: Download and make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- From the trusted website, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file on the computer in the same folder where QuickBooks Software is saved.
- Shut all the applications which are running while downloading the tool.
- Following the download, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Reboot the computer to ensure the update of the tool with Windows.
Key 2: Restart your PC again and disable the Antivirus for sometime
- Now Reboot the system.
- After the processes, open QuickBooks Desktop again
- Following the step, disable the Antivirus if the error continues
Key 3: Redesign the name of QBWUSER.ini.file
- Search for the folder and open the file which comes under QBWUSER.ini. File. In case the user is unable to find the file, they can also search in the hidden folder to find the file.
- Follow the path to have a simplified approach. Location:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks[Year]
- Modify the QBWUSER.ini.file name.
- Save the old file with the .old extension.
- Also, modify the name of EntitlementDataStore.ECML file
- In case the program opens in the old version, find if it is possible to open a sample company file.
- If the user cannot open a sample company file, you can copy this to a new location and then open the company file.
- If the user can access the company file from a new location, there might be an error in the folder in which the particular file is saved.
- Still, the error persists. Check the company file and ensure that it is not damaged.
- Try to restore the earlier version of a file if the case is of a damaged file.
- If you are not able to open a sample company file or QuickBooks stops responding. This ensures that the error is in the installation of QuickBooks.
Key 4: Try reinstallation of QuickBooks using Clean Software
Try reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install Tool as it will resolve most of the errors caused by the older version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Key 5: Generate the new login credentials for Admin User of QuickBooks
Produce a new login for New Admin users in QuickBooks and try login into the account by the latest version.
Key 6: Try opening the sample company file from a different folder
- Firstly, click "Window+E" to open the computer window view.
- Now search for the file which will have the .qbw file extension.
- You can also search the file on the network server and search on the network drive to locate the file.
- Select the file by clicking right on that file and then go to C: drive.
- Now create a new folder with QB TEST
- Now open the new folder name with QBTEST and paste the file here.
- Open QuickBooks file with pressed "Ctrl "key.
- Now choose the option to "Restore the existing file" through the "C:\QBTEST “ folder.
- Now the final step is to open the company file pasted in the QB TEST folder.
Some keys to resolving this error are listed here. I hope the user finds this blog useful and for any technical support while opening QuickBooks. Users can freely call at QuickBooks customer service number for the best assistance.